Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tweedles' and Smoochy's Sinful FrenchToast

I love this blog thing. It's helping me to make the absolute best out of every moment as a Good DAD.  So Tweedles the 3 year old woke up at 5:16, 6:03, 6:21 respectively. At 7:04 I rolled out of bed for the last time today, so that my wife could catch a couple of extra winks.

It's 7 AM What can I do to be a Good DAD?

Well, TV was totally out of the question, since that was the reason Tweedles was up at the crack of dawn.  So I moved on to Breakfast. Hungry kids just end up sounding like cats in a clothes dryer.

So French Toast DipINsticks it is!  I should mention that I have never done this before, but I figure I can't mess it up that bad, can I?




Here's The Recipe:
  • 4 piece of Cinnamon Raisin Bread
  • 3 pieces of Cracked Wheat Sourdough
  • 4 Large Eggs
  • 1/4 cup of 2% Milk
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • A sprinkle of cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract



Here's What I Did:
  1. I grabbed a 12" nonstick skillet and sprayed it thoroughly with pam... count to 18.
  2. Next combine all of the ingredients in a square pyrex dish and whisk or stir vigorously with a fork.
  3. Soak both sides of the cinnamon bread in the pool of eggy goodness
  4. Turn on the stove to medium
  5. Cook the toast for about 3 minutes on each side
  6. Cut the toast into sticks
  7. Serve with plenty of syrup - no problem since everything else is healthy



Both Tweedles and Smoochy the Kindergartener loved breakfast.  With just a little creativity and some dirty dishes, I have peaceful Saturday morning... and you can too.


JOIN THE REVOLUTION - Be a Good DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment