Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Message From The Universe

A funny thing happened this morning after walking with my daughter to kindergarden.  The truth is, I am not really sure how funny it is.  I met a woman who sees me every day and we got into a conversation.  Before I knew it,  she asked me... What kind of job I have that allows me to be so plugged in.

And I replied... I DON'T.  I got laid off in January of this year.  At first, I felt a bit insecure and wanted to immediately begin to justify all the great things I was doing to fulfill my society defined role of Bread winner.  However, this time I decided to just not sugar coat it.  So at the end of our conversation she told me her story of how a broken back led her to the life of her dreams.  I must admit that I was so moved by our conversation that I forgot to get her name.   It turns out she's an author and I'll be posting a link to her book and site tomorrow.

So here's was the advice I got..... Start a blog.  Ha ha ha ha.

So here we are, this is the birth of The Good DAD Revolution.  In this blog I plan to document the things I do that make me feel like a good dad.  I welcome your comments. Let's build a community. Let's ask that men everywhere join in pushing each other forward off the couch and out of the office, into the center of our families.

I want to thank my wife, Beth for her constant support and encouragement, in fact for the last several months she's being celebrating my success as a Good DAD.

JOIN THE REVOLUTION - Be a Good DAD!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, my brother Mike! The most fulfilling times of my life were the two recent incidents in which I was laid off for several months each time. I loved being a stay-at-home dad, and I wish I could be one full time.

    ReplyDelete