It's 7 AM What can I do to be a Good DAD?
Well, TV was totally out of the question, since that was the reason Tweedles was up at the crack of dawn. So I moved on to Breakfast. Hungry kids just end up sounding like cats in a clothes dryer.
So French Toast DipINsticks it is! I should mention that I have never done this before, but I figure I can't mess it up that bad, can I?
Here's The Recipe:
- 4 piece of Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 3 pieces of Cracked Wheat Sourdough
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup of 2% Milk
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
Here's What I Did:
- I grabbed a 12" nonstick skillet and sprayed it thoroughly with pam... count to 18.
- Next combine all of the ingredients in a square pyrex dish and whisk or stir vigorously with a fork.
- Soak both sides of the cinnamon bread in the pool of eggy goodness
- Turn on the stove to medium
- Cook the toast for about 3 minutes on each side
- Cut the toast into sticks
- Serve with plenty of syrup - no problem since everything else is healthy
Both Tweedles and Smoochy the Kindergartener loved breakfast. With just a little creativity and some dirty dishes, I have peaceful Saturday morning... and you can too.
JOIN THE REVOLUTION - Be a Good DAD!